Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day one in Vancouver

We arrived in Vancouver today, then stood in line at Customs for over an hour. Then we ran to our hotel and then went off to try one of the craziest sports in the world. Curling.


Yes, that little game that we all made fun of at the last Winter Olympics. It is a blast. I almost wish I could install one of these things in my basement.
We were shocked to find out that a pair (2) of the rocks that they use sell for $6000.00, so each team has 8 rocks/stones... 16 for a game. 50,000.00 for some rocks. I think my dad needs to get in the Curling business.
After that we hung out, had a few little sodas and then off to our dinner in downtown Vancouver at a place called Steamworks. It is a really cool place. I had myself a nice steak and some peach/apple cobbler. That wasn't as good.


Now we are back at our hotel. I am going to try mobile blogging so you can keep up with us and our trip.

2 comments:

meg said...

Oooh, fancy pants bloggin from his phone! Looks like fun, hope you're having a good time!

meg said...

Don't forget to get pictures of yourself, can they be bigger?