Thursday, April 10, 2008

Back to T2 for the factory tour



I saw this sign at the end of my tour. I think we will have to copy it and use it back in Beaverton.








I really got an education in shoe making today. I never knew how much hand work goes into making a single pair of shoes. I always thought that most of it was done by machine, the machines are used, but there are sooo many people that do the work.






I not only have a greater appreciation for my job but also for the people that work here and how hard they have to work. How silly little design changes mean hours and hours of work have to be re-done to move a line 1mm in some cases... how much waste comes from the silly little details. I wish I could share with you guys all the images that I took but I will just show you what I can over the web.

4 comments:

meg said...

That's cool. I can't wait to see all the pictures when you get home. You really are there, I thought for sure you were off with Josh on a man weekend trip to see cars. You should do that sometime.

MiNdY said...

HaHa Meg..

Thats so neat! Thanks for sharing this info! Its no wonder why Nike's are so darn expensive eigh!?!

Sara said...

Very cool! ALL I can say is keep making those little design changes to make them perfect... that's why they are the BEST SHOES ON THE PLANET! :)

Carol said...

Yeah--George showed me a ton of the photos & videos he took of the factories when he was out there a month ago--I had NO idea how much handwork goes into each pair of shoes. I will never look at a pair of Nikes the same again!